Sunday, September 9, 2012

Human


So I was thinking about what to write about, because like nelson said there is a lot of stuff to write about being human.  So I go to thinking, what makes us human?  Is it our humanity, is it that we feel and experience things, is it that we can choose, or is it something else completely random? I have no idea.

 

I look up humanity in the dictionary and it said “the quality of being humane; kindness; benevolence.”  Then I got curious and looked up benevolence, it basically said it is doing good to others.  So are we not human if we don’t do good to others.  We all know that there is certain people in history that have lost their humanity through a terrible act, Hitler may be one of them, it is all your personal views.


When I googled humanity this came up.  It is a man protecting people from death he has his humanity because he is doing good.  So I got to thinking again,  which is never a good thing, does our humanity change?  We all have it when we are born, and if it is kindness and doing good to others, can it vary from day to day? If I am mean to everybody one day then the next lay down my life for others, did I lose my humanity then get it back?  That is a question I man never know the answer to.  If you got any ideas comment and let me know.

No comments:

Post a Comment